RenaiSsaNCe........#


I flew up from my chair in my accounts class…I suddenly felt so light…I couldn’t sense anything…I couldn’t touch anything…I was floating in the air...I looked down…people were gathering around the chair I was sitting…I wondered what had happened….I couldn’t control my moments….I felt so light and good…I felt like a bird flying in freedom…I was raising higher and higher…I did not know how to stop myself…I tried shouting my friend’s name…who had gathered at my chair below…she couldn’t hear me…I was puzzled…what is happening? I heard my friend let out a shriek…she shouted she could not feel my pulse…she said she feared I might have been dead…I was laughing at the commotion they were creating below me…while I was happily floating around….WHAT….Excuse me….what did I say my friend feared….Did she say I am DEAD….as in D-E-A-D!!....is it why I am floating now…I couldn’t believe it…I did not feel a thing…what is the proof that I died? I don’t even know the reason for my death which they say that has been caused….all I can feel is very light and happy…I am puzzled!! This is very unfair…….I call down to the people….I shout to them I am right above them…they do not hear me!

Some one tapped on my shoulder…I turn and I am awestruck…I wished my friend was with me to see this person…oh my…he looked so damn cute…he had straw-colored hair…and deep blue eyes that glinted in the ends…that makes you want to drown into the depths of the vast blueness…I must have been gaping at him with my mouth wide open…coz he coughed…I closed my mouth and went back to my puzzled look…then I noticed, even he was floating in the air like me…
’brad’ he said…
’bread’ I said
‘Not bread…it is brad’….
’bred’ I said pronouncing it the way he pronounced it…he smiled and acknowledged it…oh my…he has got just the perfect teeth…they were so white…naturally too….I must have been staring through him in my own world…that he waved at me…I came back to my senses…
‘I am your official transporter to the other world’
Other world….I thought there was only one world in our solar system….
‘What other world?’
‘The world of the spirits….the world of after lives’
‘After lives…excuse me…I am still very much alive…!’
He smiled at me ‘indeed you are not alive, that is the reason I am here’
‘If you are here…why should I be dead?’
‘If you can see me…then you are dead my girl’
I just stood staring at him…he took my hands and glided me across the room…
He told me the way to control your movement on air is very much similar to swimming…just push yourself forward and beat your legs….and use your hands like the wings of a bird to change directions..
It was now easier for me to move about in the air…and it was great fun too…I felt like I was starring in a superman movie…everything below was soo small like ants…I was interrupted in my thoughts by his
‘We need to go higher’
‘Higher?’
‘Yeah, past the clouds’
‘Oh’
He suddenly pulled me across and drifted towards a corner….and I heard a plane pass just near my face…
He grumbled ‘Air traffic has become so severe due to the vast technological developments made by mortals!’
I smiled at it; he looked very cute when he grumbles!
We flew higher…without realizing we both were hand in hand!

We reached a big white gate…he went and identified himself as ‘transporter 09765’ and the huge gate opened…I was blinded by the light…he gave me coolers to wear…and wearing them we went in…he asked me to register my name and my birth date in the register counter…and then I was taken to a place which very much looked like our sathyam cinemas!...
‘Are we going to watch a movie?’
‘Yep’
‘I want to watch Spiderman 3….you took me before they could release it…can I see it here?’
‘Spiderman?...I do not know abt that movie…but we are gonna see your movie’
‘My movie???!!!’
‘Yeah’
We went in and were seated….and it ran before me….my total 18 and a half years of life….till the minute I drifted from my chair…I sniffed a sob and told him that nobody has taken such a perfect movie just for me….it was so wonderful of you….he gave a startled look and said
‘I did not take this movie, we have a separate film department for all this’
‘Oh is it soo…then I wish to meet the director of this film…I want him to go back to India and take such amazing movies’
‘oh yeah he went there once…he got crazy about the film industry down there and came back in the same speed in which he went, yeah now we can go to the review room’
‘Review room?’
‘Ya…now they will review what good you have done…what bad you have done…they confirm you are the said person in the movie and decide on whether you will go to hell or heaven’
‘Oh…….how interesting….will you accompany me to hell or heaven Brad?’
‘No…I part at the gates of those…from then on the world of hell or heaven is completely for you to explore’
After some 2 hours of debating…the review team was confused with their result…they said I confirm to the movie…but I wasn’t supposed to be here….I was supposed to be here only after some 50 years…but everything else was right…they did not know what went wrong…the death chart…they said…had my name twice…..I had something unaccomplished in earth…they will send me in half state there…as they cannot grant me Visa to enter hell or heaven….so I had no other option but to jump between earth and here…
‘Half state? Un-accomplishment? Visa?’ I was completely puzzled….they then said that till things sought out, Brad will accompany me to wherever I go…to keep an eye on me…

So we returned back….to earth…
Brad asked me ‘Did you have any deep desire?’
‘Desire? .....hmmm….yeah to eats tons and tons of ice creams and chocolates everyday’
He laughed at this ‘Not such desires…something big enough, which wants you to stay in the world?’
‘Hmmm…I have no idea Brad’
‘Anyway we will encounter what is making you stay here’
‘Yeah….shall we go home?’
‘Ya…sure’
We reached home…the home was silent…as if it was in a graveyard…it was dark too…I shouted
‘MOM’
‘Your mom can’t hear you’
I could sense regret in his voice…
‘Oh………………………….’
And I saw Mom, Dad, Bro, my friends, relatives….everybody was outside near me….my body!!....they were all crying….lots more people were coming to the house…
I couldn’t bear the sight…I turned and Brad caught hold of me…I silently wept in his shirt…I looked up
‘Why I brad?’
He couldn’t reply…he was rooted to the place looking at my family and friends….
‘They need me Brad’
‘They do’
‘I want to go back to them….I want to hug my parents….I want to fight with my brother….I want to play pranks with my friends…..I want to do a lot more things…..’
Brad just hugged me tighter…
Suddenly we were transported back to the review room...they said they had found the reason for the confusion…they said I was not supposed to die…I had a lot more to see and achieve in life…many people need me in earth…many people live for me…I live for many people…they shouldn’t be disappointed too soon…many people’s life will depend on my future existence….there was a small error…and I need to be transported back to my life form….and that too immediately before my soul’s last remains drift from my body…

We were transported back to my house….I was completely bewildered at what was happening….Brad asked me to walk in to my body…I saw my mom staring at me….I did not know she can sense me….I smiled at her…..she smiled back!
‘Walk in?’
‘Yeah….just concentrate on your body and walk in’
I walked….walked to my body….I went into it…I suddenly felt that I had entered a tornado….everything was spinning around me….and suddenly I got up….I felt my mom’s hands around me in a protective hug….everybody gathered at my house were staring in disbelief at me….they couldn’t believe their own eyes…only my mom said
‘I knew you will come back’
And I saw Brad smile and disappear into thin air behind her…

# inspired from the drama Crazy Ghosts

5 Comments:

  1. Dharani sridharan said...
    humour with fiction is a great combination
    nice wrk
    cya
    astute87 said...
    Eeeeeeeeeerrrrrg...

    WIIIIIzzzzzzzzzzg..

    Surrrrrroooooooooooooom..

    Buzzssssssssssssssss..

    Damalllll.......

    LOL!
    Muthukumar speaks said...
    From b'day gift to death wish
    you do have time to dwell
    Good marks and classy report card
    One can tell that you should
    feel proud to tell
    the reason is time
    management
    Well I really wonder how much time you do have to blog, read traverse arounf orkut and chit-chat in the college corridors
    You do have a full hand at the moment, and every of your blog reflects that your life is full of music, and real happy tunes they are.

    Despite all these one can sense there is something in your spirit, that also has the power to withstand shocks, maybe that gave you the inspiration to dwell on such death subjects.

    Did Chettinad prepare you for all that or is that the present college environ spiced up your thought levels... or maybe your friends tuned you up, so perfectly...
    Or maybe your sporting activitity namely Badminton prepared you well to face situations- analyse the reality and take the challenge headlong...

    Whatever you are doing great, and if college going young ones are like you, well Kalam's vision will become a reality, maybe say by 2012... so keep living, smiling blogging and keep up your attitude intach as always you do.
    Vidya Natarajan said...
    thnks a ton for the comment muthukumar
    it is really inspiring
    and i have time to sit for hours on the comp...and god knows how!
    and well the reason for my writings
    are everything tht u listed
    ma school
    ma coll
    and especially ma friends
    and yeah i want to face things in life fully
    even be death
    i want to enjoy it fully
    coz it is ultimate
    and live every moment
    coz u got only one single life!
    Unknown said...
    its puttin me down
    don write such stuffs

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home